Consider the following scenario:
- You have a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
- The name of a mailbox database on the server contains one or more of the following special characters: ():
- You install Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
- The System Attendant homeMDB attribute for a user points to the mailbox database that has special characters in the name.
- The user tries to access the Exchange Server 2010 SP2 mailbox.
I was able to reproduce this in my Exchange 2010 SP2 test environment. After creating a test DB with name 'DB1 (Test)' and access a mailbox with Outlook 2007 I got the following Application Log error:
Result: Outlook 2007/2010 Out of Office (OOF) are not working anymore. This is because OOF is using Exchange Web Services on Exchange CAS.
An Interim Update (IU) is available from Microsoft.
Update 16-2-2012: this issue has been solved with Exchange 2010 SP2 Update Rollup 1